3H-GDC m.VII, April 10th, 2100 UTC ($128 of prizes) - Theme: Spring

Started by
68 comments, last by ToohrVyk 14 years ago
Urgh, I hate time zones and summer time. Is it EST (there's about 20 ESTs) or EDT (summer time) now?

Could you specify in UTC please? Just want to make sure, it should be the last saturday of my holiday.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Advertisement
If you specify it in an other way, please specify it in GMT too. I'm sure an other North American stuff will confuse me. (EST = GMT+5, I hope...)
Okay, so east-coast US is current EDT, which is UTC-4. 1700 hours EDT would be 2100 UTC. UTC is largely the same as GMT.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

As far as I know, EST = GMT+5, so GMT != UTC. So, I'm totally lost.
How about specifying in Gamedev's server time? Or put a countdown or something on the site, something to synchronize our clocks (or am I the only noob, who doesn't understand what's up with these timezones? Maybe this simply makes me inadequate in the first round...)
We should be here: Fixed Time around the world

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Quote:Original post by szecs
As far as I know, EST = GMT+5, so GMT != UTC. So, I'm totally lost.
How about specifying in Gamedev's server time? Or put a countdown or something on the site, something to synchronize our clocks (or am I the only noob, who doesn't understand what's up with these timezones? Maybe this simply makes me inadequate in the first round...)

Eastern Standard Time (EST) is Greenwich Mean Time *minus* 5, not *plus* 5. Which is also Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) minus 5, plus or minus 0.9 seconds. But, we are currently in Eastern Daylight Saving Time (EDT), which is GMT/UTC-4. You're currently in Central European Summer Time (CEST), which is UTC+2. So, you're 6 hours ahead. 5PM my time is 11PM your time.

GDNet's server clock is east-coast US time, so EDT.

Endurion: thanks, that makes it a lot easier.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Thanks for the clarification (I always hated the idea of Summer/Winter Time).

"+" was a typo.
Haha, maybe it's finally time for me to participate! I'm not good with puzzle games though.[sad]
F-R-E-D F-R-E-D-B-U-R...G-E-R! - Yes!
To sweeten the pot, I've decided to bump up the prizes.
#3: a PayPal transfer worth 3 months of GDNet+ membership ($12.95).
#2: a full year of GDNet+ ($39.95).
#1: a $75 gift card for Amazon.com (email gift card).

I just remembered that I actually have a Mac Mini lying around, so if you want to make the game for OS X, that's fine too.

Also, still need more volunteers for judging. We need at least three, ideally five.

The roster is still open for contestants too, anytime up to the day, hour, minute of the contest.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement