3H-GDC m.VII, April 10th, 2100 UTC ($128 of prizes) - Theme: Spring

Started by
68 comments, last by ToohrVyk 14 years ago
I'm in. Er... in PM/e-mail? I guess I failed the first test: to sign up :P
10th April is fine, the time won't be fine I guess, but I'll try to stay awake.
Advertisement
I'm interested, depending on what time window is compatible. It's pretty hard to find a suitable time for both North America and Europe without it being at 3 a.m. over here.
Just had a thought. If you guys could post your intended language when you are posting that you're interested in competing, that will help the judges get their machines ready to test your game after the contest.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Quote:Original post by capn_midnight
Just had a thought. If you guys could post your intended language when you are posting that you're interested in competing, that will help the judges get their machines ready to test your game after the contest.

I'll most likely use Flash, given I develop on a Mac and need instant cross-platform capabilities. Alternatively I might use Python; it's what I'd like to use if I go with ASCII art, but when I checked a while back there weren't any good cross-platform ASCII libraries.
Most probably C++. I'm not that fluent in C# yet for a 3h compo.
But who knows, maybe also SilverLight (with C# then).

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

&#106avascript!
I'd love to participate but I suck at puzzle type implementations so I am willing to be a judge.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
Memory: 2GB RAM
GFX: Radeon 1950xt (256mb ddr3)
Browsers: IE8, chrome, FF, opera
Other Software: Pretty much all gaming run-times (silverlight, flash, shockwave, .NET, physix, XNA & c++ redistributable, etc.) Directx 9, latest Java
Ok, so looks like interest is spread out across the world. That means any time I pick for the contest is going to not fit for someone. With that in mind, I'm just going to keep it easy for me and set the time for 5pm EST.

Another interesting development: one of Philadelphia's hackerspaces, Hive 76, wants to promote and host an in-person, live-action contingent for a 3H-GDC. Maybe we can setup a web-cam conference between all of us.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Er... I hope the webcam is not obligatory (since I'm too poor to have one).
Er... How to sign up? :P

Midnight yeeaah! Perfect timing.
To sign up just sy you're interested in this thread. I'm keeping track of everyone. I'll have a more formal system for the next contest, but this one is too impromptu for that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement