"Simple Win32 Application" in MSVC++

Started by
3 comments, last by Normie 22 years, 8 months ago
When I go to create a win32 app, I usually choose A Simple Win32 application instead of a blank one (just to get things going a little faster). I know I put my standard includes (windows.h, d3d8.h, etc) in StdAfx.h, but what can/should StdAfx.cpp be used for? -Normie "But time flows like a river... and history repeats." ... So...what about beaver dams?
I am a devout follower of the"Lazy Programmer's Doctrime"(tm)...and I'm damned proud of it, too!-----"I came, I saw, I started makinggames." ... If you'll excuseme, I must resume my searchfor my long lost lobotomy stitches.
Advertisement
Trust me, STDAFX.h causes a lot of trouble, so just create a blank WIN 32 application each time. Include windows.h or windowsx.h manualy.

Edem Attiogbe
Edem Attiogbe
LOL

My friend made a pretty nice App Wizard for VC 6. You can use it for console apps or windows apps. It makes a nice template for you without all the MFC (stdafx) BS.

you can d/l it at
http://www.yerdumb.com/jon/projects/realwizardsetup-1.0.zip
Doh, hit the button twice =O

Edited by - nickw on August 8, 2001 1:40:39 AM
(Hint: you can delete your double posts: check the ''Delete this post'' box when you Edit it.)

Stdafx.cpp is used for definitions of the data you declared in stdafx.h. For example, if you declared some global data in the .h (extern int SomeGlobalInt then it makes sense to define that data in the accompanying .cpp (int SomeGlobalInt.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement