Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Flash' better than DX ??!!

This topic is 5976 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m a gaming newbie and now want to choose between DX and Opengl as my learning tool. However, someone told me that ''Flash'' is the best choice for designing games. I felt something wrong and ridiculous with that but I just can''t say what the drawbacks are using ''Flash''. So can anyone tell me what''s wrong with ''Flash'' for gaming ? Thanks in advance

Guest Anonymous Poster
if you want to get serious into video game development then forget about flash. video game development means [software engineering] and [animations] ..... but without software no animation ... flash is just a animation program, that enables you to ''write'' tiny animations that run on every computer with flash installed. so the functionality is very very very very limited (try to write an 3d rpg game with ArtificalIntelligence).
.. so if you just want to make games like tetris, ping pong or so use flash .. otherwise learn something about computers and software (cpu ? machine code ? or directly into c/c++)...
have fun ...