Sign in to follow this  
Taledus

[SlimDX] VB.NET Animation layer on Aphelia Engine

I really don't know if this is the right place to post this, but there is no forums on SlimDX's website. I'm using the open source Aphelia Engine (http://www.unfriedchicken.com/index.php). It's written in VB.NET. I'm having a bit of trouble finding any luck for anything with VB... Currently it has like 6 layers on the maps, but none of them are animated. There is poo for any documentation for the engine, and all the stuff I have tried to edit = nill... I am hoping someone might be able to point me in the direction of a vb tutorial, or have some clue what I am talking about, in setting up a layer that simply flashes about every second so it will appear to have animated tiles (like fire). Please let me know if there is any other information that I need to include to get a point in the right direction...thanks!

Okay, perhaps someone can just explain the logic behind the animating layer...

All I am wanting is to have one of the layers hold tiles (like the rest of them), then simply turn the layer on and off...I think this takes a timer to do this but am not sure.

Yes I have asked on their forums, but aside from me no one has been on there since last month.

I don't think my problem lies with either SlimDx or Aphelia, but trying to understand the logic behind an animation layer. I am certain that this has been done before with a map editor, I'm just not sure how it is implemented. I can find an abundance of resources on just about anything except this, which I have been searching for 3 days on how something like this functions, regardless of what language it is in.