Sign in to follow this  
JanK

VS2008 MFC conversion issue (dialog resize)

Hi, Found a problem in converting a standard MFC wizard created project from VS2005 to VS2008. Does anyone know the answer? 1. Create a new MFC MDI project with standard settings in VS2005SP1. Compiles and runs just fine. 2. Convert the project to VS2008SP1 with wizard. NO code changes needed. 3. Compile and run: Now on resize of the window the toolbar dock area is not repainted correctly leaving 1 pixel wide stripes that are not repainted according to the "gradient" style of the new MFC. Funny thing is that this does not happen for SDI project, just MDI one which is the case where I need the conversion :(. I just can't see what the problem is, the code is very similar. Thanks!

Hi,
Hasn't anyone converted MFC projects from VS2005 to VS2008? It should be clear that this has come up? I see that if you create a new project with 2008 CChildFrame is inherited from CMDIChildWndEx instead of CMDIChildWnd, but nowhere it's stated that the old class would not work anymore. Especially, since my test case is with all default options: Not a single line of code that is not generated by the wizard.