Sign in to follow this  
Shawn19841006

Toggle full screen problem

Dear all, after finished changing resolution and windowed/full screen mode feature, I though it was the end. But sometimes somebody just reports to me that when toggling full screen mode, it randomly crashes. I had no idea what caused that because that just never happened on my machine. So today I run the program on the machine where it crashed, the debug runtime gives me these messages : Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Exclusive Mode has been taken by other app or other device on the same adapter. SetCooperativeLevel returns D3DERR_DEVICELOST. Direct3D9: (ERROR) : SetCooperativeLevel returned failure. CreateDevice/Reset Failed Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Reset failed and Reset/TestCooperativeLevel/Release are the only legal APIs to be called subsequently It seems that the other application taking the exclusive mode is the same application, I had no idea what caused that. But it runs without a problem on some other machines with the exact same operations of toggling full screen mode. Any ideas? Thanks a lot

One more information is before togglig full screen mode on the

machine it crashes, TestCooperativeLevel returns S_OK, but and immediate call to

device->Reset returns D3DERR_DEVICELOST with those error message, of course

default resources were all cleared before reset.