Sign in to follow this  
iammfa

Do I think the right way ?

Hi guys currently, my level in c++ become advanced, I can now programming with c++ and other libraries like SDL, irrlicht, ogre .. and I've the ability to improve an open source code of any engine, sometime I think in learning additional other languages like c# and java, but I like concentrate in one language, I decided a decision but i don't know is it right or wrong decision: I'll concentrate with c++ and I don't learn other language, in the future if I need some c# or java codes, I'll be helped by someone know c# or java Is this right decision ? Do I think the right way ? i hope guide me regards iammfa

Enh?

It's not just a matter of learning different syntax. It's useful to learn other languages just to learn some of the concepts/paradigms they employ. If you were just starting out I'd stay stick with one language, but if you're comfortable enough to use APIs effectively you'll probably benefit from a tour of other languages.

A programmer should be able to look at code in any language and have a reasonable idea of what it does.

This is obviously an ideal, but it's a good one to shoot for.

Thanks for All .. :)

Is this mean that some languages delete some other languages, like, 'c++' delete 'visual basic','c# and Java' delete 'paython'.. etc or i should learn these small languages also?

One of the key skills to be a good flexible programmer is adapting to new environments. Every game studio or software house you work at will do something that you've never done before (in terms of process and software architecture). It is important that you can walk into a place and pick it up quickly. The only way that you can be in a position to do this is to have strong experience in the language (s) that they use. You won't be able to learn every language to an expert level, but you can gain some experience with these languages so that seeing them in the work place is not a complete shock to you. Ofcourse, by being a advanced in one particular language you narrow your job prospects, but most people are in this position.

Those are all different languages with different levels of abstraction. It seems to me you aren't really sure what a programming language is - I suggest investigating that, before you start wondering what you need to know about them.