[UFEC]The Origin of Aliens

Started by
14 comments, last by Alatar 14 years ago
I'm not familiar with XNA so I don't know where I can find an error log like the one Black Knight gave above. If you can tell me where to find it I'll locate for you in case it contains some useful info (but looking at Black Knight's log didn't give me any clue ...)

I didn't play the Hi-res one, I went to low-res directly when I saw you played the hi-res on Geforce 8800... but having heard there's shadow in the hi-res version, i'm definitely trying it.

Don't know if you have better solutions to the loading-phase lag problem, but a simple fix would be to throw in a loading page like I did in my entry (blatant boasting :D ). But the ultimate solution would still be optimization of course.

Wish you best luck on making your way into XBox Live!
Advertisement
I am not able to download the needed libraries/binaries. Is it possible to implement the libs into the zip file?
Hmm that sounds very strange. What OS are you on?
It's an XNA project, and everything is supposed to be included in the deployment installer. Try downloading this: XNA Redistributable 3.1.
It looks really good and I was so excited to play...then it crashed.

First Windows warned me that it may not have installed properly, but then the game ran and I saw the screen that shows the controls. I pushed enter, and then the game crashed, with a "The Origin of Aliens has stopped working".

Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium
ATI Radeon HD 4850
9 GB DDR3 RAM
Intel Core i7 920
XNA 3.1 Installed

Did I miss something in the above posts that fixes this crash or says that my computer won't run it?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." - Gandalf
Not sure why it would crash there, not really much happens when starting the game, except for loading the enemy positions etc.. as all models are pre-loaded before the menu screen. I looked through the code but didn't see anything that could be the reason, and your computer should definitely run it. It doesn't have any extensive error checking though, so might be some set-up failing. Did you try the low-res version?
Quote:Did you try the low-res version?

Just tried it. No luck. I got the same crash and the same error message as before.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." - Gandalf

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement