Sign in to follow this  
emforce

Odd symbol loading errors...

Hi guys I am currently having a problem trying to add some new files to my solution... its quite odd as I have never been faced with these problems before. The following error message pops up. Unhandled exception at 0x004338a0 in Crate.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x41ace50a. followed by... No symbols are loaded for any call stack frame. The source code cannot be displayed. and when I look at disassembly then I get the following line flagged. 004338A0 mov ecx,dword ptr [eax] From the results that google have shown up it doesn't seem to be code related. So what can I do to fix this? Any suggestions?

It is a pointer error. You are writing to an invalid memory location. You are either going out of bounds on an array, string, bad pointer math or you are assigning a bad pointer.

theTroll

I have gone and deleted any files I have added, as well as undone any changes to the code I have made and I am still getting the same error. :S Are you sure its a pointer error?

Im going to start my solution again. Ill just import most of the old code into a new solution and see how that works out, ill totally delete the new code. Thanks for your help though guys!