Sign in to follow this  
omgbunny

DirectX error. Cannot find include

omgbunny    100
I wasnt sure where to post this, and as im rather new to c++ i thought i might post it in beginners instead of the DX forum. I am getting this error message: <code> 1>------ Build started: Project: AvaFighter, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ 1>Compiling... 1>Main.cpp 1>c:\users\james\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\avafighter\avafighter\main.cpp(4) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory 1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\James\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\AvaFighter\AvaFighter\Debug\BuildLog.htm" 1>AvaFighter - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ========== </code> I have installed directx sdk, and I've tried reinstalling, somewhere said to put "#include <d3dx9d.h>" as well as "#include <DirectX/d3dx9.h>" and "#include <d3dx9>" but I still get the error message. I am using the full copy of visual studio 2008 and the latest version of the directx sdk. any help would be greatly appreciated.

jpetrie    13103
You have to add the paths to the DX include files to the IDE's include search path options, in the Tools menu (Options / Projects and Directories). Alternatively you can add them to your projects properties under "Additional Include Directories."

omgbunny    100
thank you, thats worked, i hadn't realized that, i thought the installer did it for me as i didnt need to do it for the <d3d9.h> header. anyway, thank you.