Physx in .net

Started by
4 comments, last by Jeff_1amStudios 14 years ago
Hi i saw that there are a version of physx for .net, i have search for tutorials of physx in slimdx but i haven´t found anything, Does anyone know if there are any tutorial of using physx with slimdx?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by jor1980
Hi i saw that there are a version of physx for .net, i have search for tutorials of physx in slimdx but i haven´t found anything, Does anyone know if there are any tutorial of using physx with slimdx?

Last I heard, there were only one or two bare, undocumented .Net wrappers for Physx.
PhysX.Net works pretty well. It's available on Codeplex.

The samples are all for XNA, but you can compile an assembly to work with SlimDX using the source package.
OTOH, I can't really remember how long it's been since I checked on using Physx in .Net on Google.

...Teh language! Teh internets has made it change!

OTOHOH, the last update to Physx.Net appears to have been last year, almost literally.
The author is actively working on the project. You can download and compile the latest source changes via Codeplex.

I believe the latest commit was at the start of this month.

Regardless. It works, the source is up-to-date with PhysX 2.8.3 and for most people's need it works just fine.

I'm actively using it in my project and it has been fantastic, I'm currently making use of heightmaps, fluids, tearing cloth, the character controller (which admitedly needs work) and obviously solid bodies.
+1 for PhysX.Net. PhysX itself is pretty great, and the PhysX.Net wrapper has been simple to use and full-featured :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement