Sign in to follow this  
JonTomGames

My very first DirectX Game

Hey guys sorry if this is in the wrong topic but just wanted to post up my very very first DirectX (9) game, made with DX (Direct3D and DirectInput) and C++. Overview: You are a triangle, and your goal is to stay away from the bouncing square. As the game progesses, the square gets faster. If you are hit, the square resets itself at the original speed and position. This is very basic and in the future I am going to try to add a scoring system or timer, and maybe random upgrades that pop up that you can get to either slow down the square or speed up your triangle or things like that. Anyways, what do you think? EDIT: NEW! Added a scoring system! Woohoo! http://www.mediafire.com/?15jkrmmzni4 [Edited by - JonTomGames on March 29, 2010 9:51:40 PM]

Well I ran it and it ran ok, I got a green triangle I could move around but that was all, there was no square to dodge at all.

I couldn't run your game, something about d3dx9_42.dll being missing.

You shouldn't use DirectInput. You should use Win32/windows messages to handle your messages. Use DirectInput only if you need high DPI mouse input.

Evil steve on DirectInput

Quote:

Install latest Directx Runtimes.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

Works fine for me, although resizing (and maximizing) the window doesn't change resolution or aspect ratio, and there's no lost device handling (Changing desktop resolution causes a white screen)

Quote:
Original post by Waaayoff

Means your DirectX runtimes are outdated, get the latest ones :)
(There are several versions of DX 9.0c you know)