Displacement mapping announcement

Started by
2 comments, last by Lode 14 years ago
Ive done something unorthodox again :) What ive got here is a wolfenstien map thats been brush embossed for a stone like effect. Im pleased with my results so im adding hsds next so you should be able to make the tunnels twist and add arches and door frames and things, at the moment shapes like that are impossible because brushing is so tedious a lot of shapes are out of reach at this stage.
Advertisement
That looks pretty slick. I take it you are doing some sort of self shadowing displacement mapping?
Thanks moe. :) greetz.
Nah, just tradish displacement mapping, it looks kinda shadowy I guess in the screenshot, but no shadows yet.
But you bring up a good point, wait till I do the lighting properly and it should look really moody, cause displacement maps work well with moving lights -could even flicker the light like a torch would.
At the moment its just a real boring unrealistic directional light just aimed at the floor and a couple of walls, the rest of the room is complete black including the cieling.
Will post more here soon, I think i might turn this little project into a game, im having fun. :)
Wait, are that original Wolf3D maps?

Can you add the original colored Wolf3D textures on top of this?

I'd play that! :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement