Sign in to follow this  

not so good at math, please help

This topic is 2816 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello, im not so good at math, please help me, i need help calculating the 2-dimensional coordinate positions of the common tangent lines (l1 & l2 in image) of cirles C1 and C2, i.e the T1, T2 , T3 & T4 point coordinates like in this image: knowing following: the center of the circles C1 & C2 , also radii R & r and the distance "d" between centers of circles. thank you !

This sounds like a homework question.

Are you allowed to use vector math? If you create certain vectors, then for some of them you'll have an equation for their length (which is given), and for others you can rely on the fact that the dot product of two perpendicular vectors is 0.

Quote:
Original post by Gage64
This sounds like a homework question.

Are you allowed to use vector math? If you create certain vectors, then for some of them you'll have an equation for their length (which is given), and for others you can rely on the fact that the dot product of two perpendicular vectors is 0.

Gage64, based on redbaseone's prior, and recent, posts, I believe this is not homework. I believe he is working on a pathfinding/pathfollowing implementation for a game.

This topic is 2816 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.