Reflex - Top-down Puzzle/SHMUP

Started by
1 comment, last by triqer 14 years ago
Finished this game back in late January. 2 months later, it occurred to me that GameDev would probably be a good place to mention it. You can download the game here.
">Video Here are a few screenshots. P.S. Windows Only, sorry. I originally compiled it using GCC, so it was compatible with Linux, but when I switched to MSVC it became runnable only on Windows platforms. I'm working on something else so it isn't a priority, but if you feel like creating a makefile then message me. P.P.S. Read the instructions. You can shoot in multiple directions.
Advertisement
Hi,

I like this game, it feels very polished!
One thing that bothered me were the very sensitive collisions with the blocks.
Maybe you could make it so the ship only moves with the screen when it's at the edge of the screen, so you can safely go left and right between two metal blocks. Otherwise, it would just stay stationary with the other blocks. I also wrote a small review on my website.

Keep it up,
Nick
Quote:Original post by Beather
Hi,

I like this game, it feels very polished!
One thing that bothered me were the very sensitive collisions with the blocks.
Maybe you could make it so the ship only moves with the screen when it's at the edge of the screen, so you can safely go left and right between two metal blocks. Otherwise, it would just stay stationary with the other blocks. I also wrote a small review on my website.

Keep it up,
Nick

Thanks for the review!

I actually did give some cushion regarding collision (the ship is surrounded by a collision circle which is quite a bit smaller than the ship), but I guess it's still a bit difficult :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement