The Golden Coin (RPG)

Started by
9 comments, last by damiandj 13 years, 11 months ago
This is the new RPG project called "The Golden Coin" (TGC). In september 2009 i've decide to publish one full singleplayer offline role-playing-game in medieval-fantasy style. I'll release the game in form of chapters. The main features of the whole game are: - one open world, with more cities and really big forests, that will change(evolve) at every chapter - a lot of NPC with quests and more opportunities to finish they - new soundtracks and sounds for the game - new textures, models and monsters - a unique hud and interface - a unique inventory and combat system - many hours of gameplay with a unique story - complete in english (i hope not to make mistakes ) - and much more ... WIP 0.220 released!!! Try it out! OFFICIAL HOMEPAGE: www.thegoldencoin.do.am I would really appreciate ANY comment about the game!!! Thank you guys!! [Edited by - damiandj on April 6, 2010 9:21:21 AM]
Advertisement
Hi,

This is looking good man (I only watched the website and screenshots) !

I just want to comment on your post. I would recommand you to take more time to write the list of features. This is what will get people interested in your game.

What I mean is that 'new textures, models and monsters', 'a unique hud and interface', ' unique inventory and combat system', etc.. do not tell me anything about your game. What I (and everybody) want to know is why is your HUD unique ? What sets your combat system appart ? Why would I spend many hours on your game ?

Hope that help...

Good luck!
Joel.
Yes, you are right! I only have copied and pasted an old post...sorry
I will provide a better description of the game. Thanks!
Now everyone can download the game (no more registration needed) =)
Great news!!! I've started to work on v0.300

Check out the official homepage: http://www.thegoldencoin.do.am
Hi Damian,

I liked this game, I wrote a small review on my website!

A few suggestions:

1) There is no "back to main menu" option while in-game?

2) Sometimes it's very dark, too dark to play and I tend to get lost and bored. Make a bit of ambient light so it "appears" to be dark ;)

3) The water shaders cause lag and freezes a lot. I think you should remove them because they look out of place with the blocky BSP layout. Use a simple opacity map.

4) Easter eggs should be hidden, and not in plain sight for the player ;)

5) The dialogue is really annoying! I had to click 20 times before I could continue the game. Combine text more instead of multiple one-liners.

Hope that helps,
Nick
Hi Beather! Thanks fo your review =)

It's obviously that the game isn't finished yet.....
I'm very ambitious and my goal is to bring for sure the game at the level of professional RPG's. Believe, or not =) hehe!

Just today I finished the new wear system(You can now wear items such as rings). The dialogues are already (in my development version), much lovely and funny, because the game will take note of every decision of the player.

If you don't like the shader you can disable they in the settings menu =)
And don't hesitate to review the game another time when it's finished!!!

Thanks one more time!
There is another article from the popular french magazine CanardPC. You can find the article at the top of the official game homepage: http://www.thegoldencoin.do.am
NEWS: The new SVN Repository is online!!! Get the source code there: http://svn.kids.platinumarts.net/thegoldencoin/
The first third person screenshots are ready. I would be glad to know every opinion. thanks!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement