The Best Game ever

Started by
5 comments, last by 6Gold 22 years, 8 months ago
i was thinking with all these great programmers that work by themselves why don''t they just all unite and make some incredible game then make millions? i dunno it was just a thought i''ll help if nayone wants to push foward this supergame idea.
Work hard today so tomorrow will be easy.
Advertisement
Hmmm, if only was so simple. But it''s not, best individuals are not always (i should say never) the best team.
agreed, many people work so well on there own, because they have no tolerance for other peoples ideas.

I would love to work on a big project, and as soon as someone gets a design doc togather just tell me and im onboard.
www.EberKain.comThere it is, Television, Look Listen Kneel Pray.
There is of course the greed factor (who gets how much of the money?) how do you keep track of what gets paid out and who controls the money?

Then there''s the "I actually have to do something?" problem. The people want the credit but not the responsibilitys.

And let''s not forget that most of the requests for people to join a team are from people that are too lazy to figure somthing out themselfs or want someone else to do the work so they can have the credit. (I know from personal experince!)

Then there''s the people looking to join a team that don''t actually know how to program. They may want the credit of working on the project or they may legitamatly want to learn the stuff so they''d just end up being a drag on the project.

And last but not least the "My way or the hi-way!" syndrome. Where the person starting the project want''s it written in a specific way and the people that work on the team wan''t to write it a completly different way, and neather will give in.

For myself I have a couple of programs I want to write and without help they''ll probably never be completed. Trying to find help? That''s where the above statement''s came from. basicaly if you know someone that you''ve shared code and ideas with in the past then you''ll probably be able to work as a team. If not be prepaired for problems.

That said, I for one am looking for a bit of help. But before volintering be warned that I do have a plan and I know how I want everything done (I''m not totaly inflexible though).
------------------------------Piggies, I need more piggies![pig][pig][pig][pig][pig][pig]------------------------------Do not invoke the wrath of the Irken elite. [flaming]
It really is a shame that there are so many lone wolf programmers out there who cannot work on a team, because they will never really make it in the commercial gaming industry... mb they dont even want to i dont know. I am fairly new to game programming and i must admit is tempting to join a project just for the experience and someone elses even tho it would cause alot of problembs for them... but that is called leeching...Tempting but i have higher standards for myself then that. I read this post becauase i thought somebody was gonna claim some game was the best game ever hehe.

I would have said MYTH THE FALLEN LORDS IS THE BEST EVER !!! hehe

I am sure that will get lots of flames but i dont care

I definately will be creating a virtual software company somewhere down the road that will be operated by people completely over the internet. I have a management scheme and the business procedures planned out to allow for creativity only "hire" the best and be completely fair in the profits.
I''m guessing that this will be the future of a lot of companies down the road(which will make the people who know how to defend a VPN that much more valuable!!!)
anyways...
-Red Dwarf
The Legen of Zelda for NES. Best damn game ever.

How many Microsoft employees does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None, they just declare drakness as a new standard.
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
"Omikron: The Nomad Soul" is my vote for best game ever. Played it through several times, and god I love it! Good gfx + strong story + sweet effects (damn good lip sync on npc speech).
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement