Sign in to follow this  
hotpixel

[C++] Really odd VS lib problem

hotpixel    156
Hi guys, The issue in short is that a class's prototype is not updating when I debug my app. If I do a sizeof(CMesh) it's 34 when it should actually be 36 and when I try to write to any of the class members it just corrupts the class writing random values into the members instead. It happened after I added a short to the class hence the 2 byte difference. If I remove the short its fine. I have tried deleting all the debug folders and libs and restarting. It's really odd! I am creating an exporter for 3DS Max using their SDK. My project structure is fairly complex. I have a home brew engine which is a lib and linked to my 3DSMax plugin project. When I debug the plugin it launches 3DSMax and when I export a model it'll break on any breakpoints in my porject. CMesh is the class in question and it is part of my engine. It is definitely something to do with the libs because when I run my testApp for my engine CMesh is the correct size and doesn't corrupt itself. Any ideas?! [Edited by - hotpixel on April 1, 2010 5:19:34 AM]

Did you try rebuilding the solution? That'll clean all temporary files and recompile.

Also, try checking if all files and libs that are supposed to be compiled/modified have the right time stamps regarding the last modification date/time. Maybe they werent properly copied, for instance.

hotpixel    156
Yes I'm using precompile headers. I have tried rebuilding, I have physically deleted all the files and still get the same issue.