Sign in to follow this  
GusHawk040

i need an opinion

ok i am a new programer like i havent seen a line of code befor. i have been writing a game and want to program but i dont no wer to start is there any way i could teach myself

I'm not being funny but if you look about 7 threads down someone has posted 'Were To Start'.

Did you not see it or did you not feel it was relevant or what?

Just in case either one of these threads gets bumped and the other falls off the page, here's a direct link to the thread being mentioned by hotpixel: link

GusHawk040, please use the search feature of gamedev.net to see if other people have had similar questions (I guarantee they have) and to see the replies already written.

Also, take a look at the Gamedev Resources area. Specifically, For Beginners

Let me be blunt... I'd say start by improving your English skills.
Many modern programming languages are case-sensitive, and all of them require you to spell their keywords correctly. Programming is largely about attention to detail; Compilers are not very forgiving.

Quote:
Original post by GusHawk040
ok i am a new programer like i havent seen a line of code befor. i have been writing a game and want to program but i dont no wer to start is there any way i could teach myself

I'll answer your question directly since no one else will, yes you can teach yourself, 90% of programmers on here did! Don't think it will be easy though, even some of the simplest ideas can end up taking months of hard work.

Start with something small like a Tetris clone, don't expect to make anything worth wiled for a very long time though...