anyone for football?????

Started by
1 comment, last by JIMSLADE 24 years, 5 months ago
It might be cool to have this type of an idea but using it as Roleplaying with each player being a specific football Player. and make it so that they would join a team for a single game, but could only join in a game they were ranked for.

------------------
DESIGN FANATIC
David Abresch
abre1657@blue.univnorthco.edu

DESIGN FANATIC
David Abresch
abre1657@blue.univnorthco.edu
Advertisement
I have zero programming experience, but have an idea which I would like to see turned into a top class game. The idea is of a football game, where the players build their strengths through playing. i.e, when a player kicks the ball, his kicking goes up. I would also like to include a practise area for heading, shooting etc, so as players can build offline. The main point of this game is the multiplayer, as teams would compete online, and the more they compete, the better the team becomes. There would also be a manager function, whereby the better the players got, the more money they would ask for. This would be set against the success of the club, as the more successful they were, the more fans would watch etc. I would also like to include the option to transfer players from one team to another online. Any programmers wanna try to work with me and turn this 'idea' into a reality??? Please give your comments..

------------------
JimSlade James.Frost@ps.net

JimSlade James.Frost@ps.net
Jim -
I think it's a great idea, and you need to remember, to make a program a reality doesn't require programming experience.

I've been writing software for fifteen years, and some of the most important people on the team are project managers and systems analysts who have no programming experience, it's not their job to program.

What you should do, is design the game, COMPLETELY! Come up with all the charts and specs etc... How practice effects skill, how games are to be played. if necessary, enlist the aid of other game designers, either locally or on the net.

Once you have worked out the game in its entirety, then post in the help wanted board for programmers and artists, a completed design makes writing the software so much easier, which in turn makes the project much more appetizing to people.

But then, don't drop the ball as happens with most internet projects, stay on your programmers and artists, set deadlines and goals. If your people cant meet your demands, replace them. It sounds a little cold especially when these people will be working for nothing in the beginning, but if you want to complete a project, thats what you have to do.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement