It wants the Debug DLLs in release builds!? wtf?

Started by
3 comments, last by cgrant 14 years ago
Hi! I did a (fake)release build, but the program still wants d3dx10d_42.dll and d3dx9d_42.dll! I made this fake-release, because my engine isn't working with code optimizations. Im not linking to the debug libs anymore, I changed the Runtime-lib and I changed the PreProcDeffines. And everything works good on other PCs, when I ship it with both Debug-DLLs from directX! (Just to some friends) And I have no idea why. :(
Advertisement
Link d3dx10.lib instead of d3dx10d.lib
(Filename might be off a bit, but notice the "d")
I said that already.

WuTz said:

Im not linking to the debug libs anymore

I link to: dxerr.lib dxguid.lib d3dx9.lib d3d9.lib d3dx10.lib winmm.lib comctl32.lib

No "d"...
Probably not the solution, but do you still pass the D3D10_CREATE_DEVICE_DEBUG flag to D3D10CreateDeviceAndSwapChain()? Or D3D10_SHADER_DEBUG for D3DX10CreateEffectFromFile()?
If you have the SDK install it usually installs (at least the DX9 SDK) a control panel app that controls what version of the runtime to use. I don't remember the default settings but you can try and see if its set to use the Debug runtime. Most end-users won't be affected by this since the redistributable doesn't include the control panel app and the Release runtime is the default.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement