Sign in to follow this  
fantasyme

[java] Cannot complie Java Program

fantasyme    100
i start to try java program but i cannot compile the file. i want to use textEditor since it sounds easier than netbeans. i test this: C:\javasrc>javac a.java but the error say that the path is not correct. i set path name in system: name:path address:C:\j2sdk1.4.2_04\bin i use window xp. why i cannot campile!?

OrangyTang    1298
What happens if you just type 'javac' into the command line? If you get 'javac is not recognised as an internal or external command etc.' then you've not set up your PATH correctly (which might mean you've spelt the directory wrong, entered it as path rather than PATH, used the wrong separating character between other path entries, or that you need to restart/reboot for it to take affect).

Otherwise, post the exact error message.

fantasyme    100
Quote:
Original post by OrangyTang
What happens if you just type 'javac' into the command line? If you get 'javac is not recognised as an internal or external command etc.' then you've not set up your PATH correctly (which might mean you've spelt the directory wrong, entered it as path rather than PATH, used the wrong separating character between other path entries, or that you need to restart/reboot for it to take affect).

Otherwise, post the exact error message.

the error is
"cannot find c:\javasrc"