TitaniumGL, opengl multiwrapper for your game (opengl,d3d,multicore soft-render)

Started by
40 comments, last by Geri 10 years, 3 months ago
This tool can be very usefull for some developers, so i post it here, i hope this is the right place, becouse i dont want to spam.

Let me introduct TitaniumGL:TitaniumGL for windows is an opengl to d3d wrapper (its more a whole virtual graphics card implementation anyways) to your application, targetted to end users who got broken opengl drivers on they systems. And of course, developers who are developing C/B category games, and want d3d support, by adding my dll to their softwares.

TitaniumGL can come with your game: no separate installation or programming needed. You just only need to copy TitaniumGL to your application's .exe directory. You not need to program d3d rendering path.

WHY this is good for you?
Currently, the most built-in drivers in Windows has no OpenGL acceleration, only D3D. Most end-users does not even know, what is a ,,driver''. With TitaniumGL, you can reach them easilly. Some users has old SiS/Intel/etc based hardware in they computer, and they got no OpenGL acceleration. Reach these peoples easilly, get bigger market, than your comptetitors.

...Or at least, be an emo to get d3d and opengl support also :D

Its also good if you dont want titaniumgl in your game. But maybee its a good idea to test your game with TitaniumGL too: the software alreday has 20.000 user (2011 04 11).

http://TitaniumGL.tk
Advertisement
This seems interesting (although I imagine it'll get moved to Your Announcements). A couple of suggestions though. I think in general, announcements that are easily readable and nicely formatted and that have clickable links tend to get more attention and interest (usually when I see a mess of text and raw URLs I just skip over it, and I imagine I'm not the only one). You can edit your post easily though using the 'edit' button in the upper right.

I had a thread a while back about OpenGL support on Windows. I don't remember there being any clear consensus on the matter, but from what I've read on these forums and elsewhere, I do get the impression that use of OpenGL might present casual users with potential roadblocks that they wouldn't encounter with Direct3D. Of course there are cross-platform solutions available that hide these details from the developer, more or less (Unity, Ogre), but for someone who wants to write their own renderer for whatever reason, the problem remains.

Anyway, maybe you could at least make your links clickable - that would make your post a little easier to navigate, I think.
Tried it with the first demo from
http://nehe.gamedev.net/data/contests/contest.asp?contest=06
and it made the demo crash. Without your dll it worked fine.

Thank you for the replys!

jyk: i will edit the opening thread's links, after i found out how to use this forum (i used it long time ago) :3
I am happy that you enjoy the project. i was tought that i will get a much more negative reply on the project, becouse the most of developers dont see this kind of problems.

Kambiz: issues can happend, becouse this is the first release. i am not even yet tested it on several newer os-es, like win7 or vista (of course i tested it all computers that i was can reach until now to ensure maximal compatibility). After i will get bugreports from various systems, i will able to found this bugs and fix them. The crash you noticed probably happends on newer systems, i am alreday on the fixing of it.
Kambiz: i investigated your report. I tryed the first three demo from that site. Second and third runs. First is crashing, but it seems that the bug is in the demo's code.

i also got some new screenshots

http://legend.uw.hu/kepek/tgl/quake3_5.jpg

(minor bugs: some blending bugs)

http://legend.uw.hu/kepek/tgl/wolf.jpg

(minor bugs: white textures on a few places)

both shots from d3d mode.
Sounds cool. What version of OpenGL do you implement?
in d3d and software mode, i support the folowing extensions:

GL_ARB_multitexture
GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar
GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two
GL_ARB_transpose_matrix
GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object
GL_EXT_abgr
GL_EXT_bgr
GL_EXT_bgra
GL_EXT_blend_logic_op
GL_EXT_cmyka
GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
GL_EXT_draw_range_elements
GL_EXT_generate_mipmap
GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays
GL_EXT_rescale_normal
GL_EXT_texture_env_combine
GL_EXT_texture_object
GL_EXT_vertex_array
GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap
WGL_ARB_extensions_string
WGL_EXT_extension_string
WGL_EXT_extensions_string
WGL_EXT_swap_control

i return 1.3 as version string
i made some fixes on the webpage (in the english), but the qualify of the language is still projecting the feeling of a ,,oh look its a cheap shaddy eastern european product'' - according to UK persons report :3 :D
I will rise the price after a few weeks (i am not yet know how much, but probably around ~30 eur), so who not yet buyd it, and want it, i suggest to buy it NOW.
30 EUR for just a GL 1.3 wrapper sounds almost like a scam :P

I would expect at least to support GL 2.1 to be usable.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement