Code Profiler

Started by
2 comments, last by Zakwayda 14 years ago
I am using Visual Studio 8 (non Team so I don't have the VS profiler). I would like to profile my code. By that, I mean that I would like run my code and see how much time each portion of the code took. Does anyone have know of a good completely permanently free solution? -Nick
Advertisement
The first things that come to mind are AMD CodeAnalyst and Very Sleepy.
Thanks!

I tried using codeAnalyst. Either (a) I don't know how to use it right or (b) it sucks. It told me some measure of how much time my executable took compared to other processes running, but it didn't break down my executable into the different functions. Am I using it wrong?

I haven't tried very sleepy yet. I guess that will dominate my near future.

Thanks for your help.
Quote:I tried using codeAnalyst. Either (a) I don't know how to use it right or (b) it sucks. It told me some measure of how much time my executable took compared to other processes running, but it didn't break down my executable into the different functions. Am I using it wrong?
It sounds like you just didn't explore all of its features. I recommend reading the docs, and perhaps playing around with it a little more (for example, try double-clicking on the process that you're interested in - this should bring up a new window that shows detailed profiling information).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement