bug list : )

Started by
1 comment, last by zygote_mm 22 years, 8 months ago
Hi chris, since im sitting here bored, i decided to make a bug list o' fun : ) first of all, i would like to thank microsoft for crashing IE, just as i finished the bug list and clicked Post. THANKS BILL! 1: every character studio biped and 99.9% of other meshes that come with MAX4 do not work in PR for one reason or another. << try any of them! : ) 2: exporting multi-segmented objects with .pro exporter (max 4 version) causes the sub segments to be placed randomly around the parent mesh. 3: importing .3ds files in proedit with long filenames for textures causes proedit to crash 4: exporting linked/subobject/bone/any kinda parent child relationship with .pro exporter causes the animation to mess up. 5: bones should be considered dummy objects when exporting with .pro exporter, and should not be exported when export dummies check box is un-checked. (kinda pointless until #4 is fixed : ) 6: multiple segments using the same material within the same .pro causes some strange skinning in .pro edit. (try the rabbit.max in the 3dsmax4/scenes folder) 7: minimize,restore, and click play in proedit or chredit causes the toolbar to mess up. 8: landscape studio's mesh is very small. <<< 9: Font Converter: leaves garbage below the characters on some fonts. << 10: i had a ton more, but i forgot some of them : ) thank bill for that : P Please look into #1 and #4. these are big time stoppers and raise hell on my every living moment. Thanks, Mike Edited by - zygote_mm on August 6, 2001 10:31:58 PM
Advertisement
>1: every character studio biped and 99.9% of other meshes that >come with MAX4 do not work in PR for one reason or another. <<
>try any of them! : )

Remember that MAX is just a tool for getting geometry into PR. Don''t expect all the fancy features in MAX to magically work in PR as well. Stick to plain geometry and textures and forget about other things like particle systems and morphing. Many of the biped example have multiple objects or non skinned objects in the hierarchy which is not supported in the single skinning system of PR.

>2: exporting multi-segmented objects with .pro exporter (max 4 >version) causes the sub segments to be placed randomly around >the parent mesh.

This has been noted already. Something is wrong with the rotation keys in the MAX4 exporter. Works fine if you export to .3ds.

>3: importing .3ds files in proedit with long filenames for >textures causes proedit to crash

This is a limitation of .3DS files. It only stores 8.3 names in the .3ds file so anything longer gets truncated and will not be found when you try to load it. Another reason to use 8.3 format: )

>4: exporting linked/subobject/bone/any kinda parent child >relationship with .pro exporter causes the animation to mess up.

I think this is related to #2.

>5: bones should be considered dummy objects when exporting >with .pro exporter, and should not be exported when export >dummies check box is un-checked. (kinda pointless until #4 is >fixed : )

>6: multiple segments using the same material within the >same .pro causes some strange skinning in .pro edit. (try the >rabbit.max in the 3dsmax4/scenes folder)

>7: minimize,restore, and click play in proedit or chredit >causes the toolbar to mess up.

I''m not seeing this at all. What OS are you running?

>8: landscape studio''s mesh is very small. <<<

Not sure what you mean by this? What mesh?

Author of Power Render (http:/www.powerrender.com)
Hi Chris,
Sorry for the repetition in the list : )
i am using windows ME, athlon 1100, voodoo 5, 288mb ram

as for the lstudio question, "the mesh is very small" i mean : i was playing around with my PS2 the other day, in this game: ATV Offroad (kicks ass) anyway, their landscape is huge! and it does one of those flat forever things at the end of the mesh, but it takes about 3 minutes at full speed to go from one side of the map to the other, or about 12 minutes to circle the landscape! : ) this is very very good. So i had this thought of making some sorta clone type thing in PR, since i know it is so simple to use : ). after a little while of messing around in LS, i found that if i was using a vehicle in the LS landscape, not being able to "circle the repeating landscape", you can get from one side to the other in about 10 seconds. : ) so to make a long story short, "the landscape mesh is very small"

: )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement