Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

generalmx

problems with multiple alpha blending (DX7)

Hello everyone. I'm trying to alpha blend using Direct3D7, working with VC++ 6.0. Futhermore, I'm working with sprites in a tile-based engine. Now, I have seen routines that work. I mostly like the ones that copy pixel-by-pixel. Yet I cannot make them work when I deal with a surface with more then one type of sprite. I load the entire bitmap into a temporary DD7 surface. I create a new DD7 surface in my array. Then I copy each pixel from the temporary DD7 surface to the new DD7 surface, region by region. Basically, I want to seperate a large DD7 surface with multiple sprites into an array of surfaces, and add alpha transparency for each of these surfaces. My region values seem fair. I seperate all sprites with one line, column and row-wise. recSearch.left = (TileDim * columncount) + columncount; recSearch.top = (TileDim * rowcount) + rowcount; recSearch.right = (TileDim * (columncount+1)) + columncount; recSearch.bottom = (TileDim * (rowcount+1)) + rowcount; This works with my background tiles, so it probably works here. And this is how I set my vertices. Another programmer created the functions, and I'm sure some will recognize them. They work fine for now. ptiSpriteList is a pointer to the array of surfaces and vertices, and TileDim is the dimension of each sprite. They have to be square, and divisable by 32. As well, I added one extra row and column (making the 64x64 image 65x65) to add anchors (which are calculated correctly, I checked). That's why I subtract one from TileDim each time. //set up vertices //tiledim must be subtracted by 1 since anchors at +1 VERTEX_Set(&ptiSpriteList[tilenum].vertices[0],-ptAnchor.x,-ptAnchor.y,D3DRGB(1.0,1.0,1.0),0.0,0.0); VERTEX_Set(&ptiSpriteList[tilenum].vertices[1],-ptAnchor.x+(TileDim-1),-ptAnchor.y,D3DRGB(1.0,1.0,1.0),1.0,0.0); VERTEX_Set(&ptiSpriteList[tilenum].vertices[2],-ptAnchor.x,-ptAnchor.y+(TileDim-1),D3DRGB(1.0,1.0,1.0),0.0,1.0); VERTEX_Set(&ptiSpriteList[tilenum].vertices[3],-ptAnchor.x+(TileDim-1),-ptAnchor.y+(TileDim-1),D3DRGB(1.0,1.0,1.0),1.0,1.0); After this, we go into alpha blending. I used the assembly example found somewhere on this site. I added this, which is what you were suppose to do. Except I may have done something wrong. DDSURFACEDESC2 ddsdSource; DDSD_Clear(&ddsdSource); DDSURFACEDESC2 ddsdDest; DDSD_Clear(&ddsdDest); //lock textures lpddsSource->Lock(& region,&ddsdSource,DDLOCK_WAIT,NULL); (*lpddsDest)->Lock(NULL,&ddsdDest,DDLOCK_WAIT,NULL); DWORD ipitchsrc = ddsdSource.lPitch - (ddsdSource.dwWidth * 2); DWORD ipitchdest = ddsdDest.lPitch - (ddsdDest.dwWidth * 2); Region is a RECT that was gotten above (its recSearch). And yes, they are unlocked after the ASM routines. Note that I wrote & region because otherwise it'd look like ®ion. Can anyone help me? --gmx Edited by - generalmx on August 7, 2001 4:03:22 AM