• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
zedz

windows best API for compatibility

This topic is 2997 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im developing an app at the moment just a simple dialog box with a few things though requires printing an rtf file (which is a royal PITA) anyways I send the app off to be tested and there comes back an error "msjava.dll" not found I dont even have that dll on my PC (yet it works) thus I assume a dll I use is different on the two PCs i.e. on PCa(mine) it doesnt need msjava.dll and on PCb(other) it does How to stop this mess A/ static link it but will that guarantee to solve it on all pcs (this app will be used on a million+ PCs) B/ ditch .net,forms and go back to windows32 api circa 1995 since its tried and true what do u's suggest for bugfree windows developement cheers zed

Advertisement
Quote:
there comes back an error
"msjava.dll" not found

No it didn't. What is the actual, exact wording of the error?

the error is just the generic
"this application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect, reinstalling the application may fix this problem"

msjava.dll is gotten by looking at the exe with dependency walker on the testers pc

That's what I thought. MSJAVA.DLL is a delay-load from MSHTML.DLL. The reference is there for historical reasons, and the absence of MSJAVA.DLL is not causing your problem. Read the documentation for Dependency Walker (frequently a good strategy!) for more info.

Ta sneftel I decided to ditch windows forms anyway it seems you cant statically link it.
Im using older tech now which is working well, finished the application as a matter of fact

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!