• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Aiursrage

Mini Putt!

This topic is 3158 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Mini Putt!

18 holes, free, no ads!

PLAY PLAY NEW VERSION Use the mouse Mouse X-axis to rotate ball/camera Mouse Y-axis to scale the power of the shot Click Left Mouse button to fire the ball. Requires Unity3d Plugin PLAY [Edited by - Aiursrage on April 16, 2010 9:41:46 PM]

Advertisement
Fun game!

A few suggestions:
1) the ball goes a bit too slow to be able to reach the hole in only one shot (see 2) )
2) the friction of the terrain needs to be adjusted a bit, as it slows down immensely at high speed yet keeps rolling at low speed
3) a small bug: when on a ramp, and the ball wants to roll back down, the game thinks the ball is lying still while in fact it still needs to roll down. Use a counter and check if the ball is lying still for e.g. 1 second instead of speed == 0

Hope that helps,
Nick

Okay here is a modified version. The grass friction has been reduced (seems abit too much like ice to me), the walls have become super bouncy).
The time based threshold seems to work fairly well, but I dare say hole 11 has become nearly impossible!
Second Version

[Edited by - Aiursrage on April 12, 2010 5:45:50 AM]

Much better, although the music is very annoying because it seems to have super bad quality. Try using a different format or decoder.

Nick

The game is pretty fun, and it is well crafted. I enjoyed playing through the course that you have created. I agree that the music is rather annoying, but I believe that it do to the encoding you have used. Up the quality a little bit, and it will be worlds better. I see that you have changed the friction on the ground to allow the ball to move faster, but I still feel that it moves too slow. Slower then a normal golf ball would. It is a very fun game, good work!

Okay I made quite a couple updates.

->In the main menu there is now low score for all the inanegamers!
->Added an option in the menu screen so you can speed up game time. Fast runs at 2x the game time, fastest at 3x. This is for people who just cant be bothered to wait for the ball to stop.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!