• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BlueBan007

[web] when FTP uploading my java applet it has to have the name changed??

This topic is 3084 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok I have a website I upload my java applet files up to to test, whenever I do so I copy the .class file, the .html(that calls the class) file, and any resources over to my wwwroot folder that is then uploaded via FTP. This all works without a hitch, except that if I want it to actually change on the website (live), I seem to be forced to change the name of the class to a totally new name that hasnt been uploaded to the site before. It seems to remember the names of previous versions being uploaded and instead of using the new version, it merely uses the old one that had the specific name first. The FTP program I am using is FileZilla, and the files are definetly being changed, I can tell by the file sizes. I fear I will soon run out of words to name my projects! any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
Didn't you already ask this question yesterday?
The problem then was that you needed to flush your browser cache, which you did by ctrl-F5 to re-load.
You might also be able to configure your web server to explicitly dis-allow caching of the class file, although that's only useful for development; it causes slower load times and higher utilization in production.

Btw: your question should go to the Web Development forum, rather than the Networking forum. I moved your previous question there, too.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!