• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Spidey

Need idea for game (script based)

This topic is 2995 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have to make a game in C++ using Lua/Python for my scripting class. We have 2 months, so I was wondering what a good project would be ? It can be any kind of game(2D/3D), basically the engine stuff is controlled in C++, and the game logic/events etc in the script. Any Ideas of what project I should attempt, hopefully something which has extensive use of the scripting aspects so I can learn that stuff ? I was thinking along the lines of 2D-RPG or FPS, but anything will do. Thanks!

Advertisement
Make Sim Pond, simulate life in a pond. Use scripts for all the creatures and objects and model out how they interact with each other. This will really force u to think about how to program object oriented and you'll learn alot.

Good Luck!

-ddn

If you're feeling up to it, perhaps make a board game engine and have the scripting determine the rules of the game, so that you could create checkers, chess, or even something like Candy Land all through script.

Quote:
Original post by ShinkaFudan
If you're feeling up to it, perhaps make a board game engine and have the scripting determine the rules of the game, so that you could create checkers, chess, or even something like Candy Land all through script.

I like that idea! I'm not 100% sure, but till now thats my first choice. This way I can even create new board games and use the same engine and I'll get to do a lot of scripting as well.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!