• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Tachikoma

Resource Monitoring via the Windows Platform SDK

This topic is 2994 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've done several years worth of graphics programming, and I must confess, I'm still not very clued-in with advanced Windows API programming. It's borderline embarrassing. That said, I have done the bare essentials a million times, such as event handling, setting up windows + rendering contexts, etc - generally that's all I needed. However, for the next project, I would like to do something different. I'm toying around with the idea of writing a C++ app that monitors system resources, such as CPU core utilisation, memory usage, disk usage, and network traffic. Nothing too elaborate, just something to display pretty graphs as part of the exercise, perhaps via GDI or something equivalent. The only problem is, I'm not quite sure which part of the Platform SDK I should start digging around. So far I have found stuff on Performance Monitor Counters. PMC seems to fit the criteria, although PMC looks like you'd use it for debugging purposes mostly. I'm not asking for solutions, only more resources and the right keywords that point me in the right direction. [Edited by - Tachikoma on April 13, 2010 11:45:20 AM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!