• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
AgentSnoop

OpenGL Texture filtering help

This topic is 3167 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I seem to be having some problems with texture filtering with opengl compared to direct3d. The first image is of D3D9 and what the image should probably look like. The second one is what I get with opengl. The problem is with the shadow mapping portion (32F rendertarget). I've noticed this problem with a texture from file that is RGBA8 as well. Essentially, the mipmap quality is much less with opengl than with d3d9. This may not have been a problem when I had windows xp (if it was, i didn't notice it), but I seem to be running into it a few times now that I have windows 7. Should opengl have a similar filtering quality as d3d9? If so any ideas why I am not achieving it? I'm using glGenerateMipmap(GL_TEXTURE_2D); to generate the mipmaps for rendertargets (framebuffers).

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!