Demolition Simulation

Started by
3 comments, last by Affliction2102 14 years ago
Hi. just doing my major research project and decided to do a building destruction demo. intending on using PhysX and GameBryo. just wanted some advice/links/ebooks on where to start looking for : - The programming of explosions - Forces and physics used in buildings. - how to calculate explosions damage at dist x from blast point. also fyi. im not so much interested in the shaders, graphics, blah blah just would be happy if it was single color meshes. also i intend to start with just the frame of the building itself. no walls , windows, etc.
Advertisement
Is this an undergraduate or graduate project? PhysX supports destruction via a prefracture approach. There is an APEX destruction module for PhysX that helps to author content for this. Its a set of tools aimed at artists.

<a href="http://developer.nvidia.com/object/apex_destruction.html>nVIDIA APEX Destruction
Graham Rhodes Moderator, Math & Physics forum @ gamedev.net
undergrad. also i want all the destruction to be done programmatically. not with animations. so phsyx has some modules for stuff like that?
Quote:Original post by Affliction2102
undergrad. also i want all the destruction to be done programmatically. not with animations. so phsyx has some modules for stuff like that?

Why not just look at the PhysX documentation*? Or is that outside the scope of undergraduate research projects these days?

* this is actually a far more helpful suggestion than just telling you that the answer is yes.

thanks i think.
i just wanted to know whether anybody new any books off the top of their head about game style physics. but not just the main stream physics for game programmers style because alot of them are geared at developing physX style engines. i just need help knowing where to start looking for structural physics and explosion physics. i was going to use physx regardless so when i started researching i would have come across the stuff mentioned by previous poster. i just thought i would ask incase someone had done a similar project and had any advice where to start. Thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement