device = new Device(0, DeviceType.Hardware, panel1,
CreateFlags.MixedVertexProcessing,
presentParams);

in Window2
InvalidCallException was unhandeled
Error in the application.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by jpetrie
However, the first thing that appears like an obvious problem from this code is that you are using panel1 for the handle for both devices. Shouldn't do that. Create two panels, one for the first device and one for the second. You're also trying to use adapter 0 the first time and adapter 1 the second -- do you actually have two graphics adapters?

Well both panels just so happened to be called panel1, and also i just have one graphics card if thats what your saying
Quote:
also i just have one graphics card if thats what your saying

Then perhaps you should not try to use two of them.
okayyyyy...now tell me how i can use a swap chain to render in multiple windows?
Quote:
how i can use a swap chain to render in multiple windows?

(1) Did using adapter 0 for both devices actually fix your problem, or do you just not understand what we're telling you?

(2) This is what happens if you put exactly what you said into Google and hit "Search."
Quote:Original post by Washu
First off, D3D9 or 10? Doesn't really matter as the principles are the same.

You use a swap chain (as mentioned in your topic)... you don't create multiple devices, you create multiple swap chains. That's about all it takes. Each swap chain is associated with one window handle (HWND).

This, and see set render target as well.

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

adapter 0 still doesnt work
Quote:
adapter 0 still doesnt work

Enable the debug runtimes and unmanaged debugging in your project and look at the output window.
i cant because im running express

Can someone just please tell me how to use swap chains

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement