• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
WuTz

I need some ideas..

This topic is 2994 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello! After I deleted my old ContentBrowser, and its way to save things, I made a completely new browser. And since its completely new, it has to learn how to save things! But how should I do it best? My old way to create a mesh/Shader/? was: - Save imported file to a package - Create the ContentObject (A class which works with the imported data) This ContentObject was saved to another file and so I had 2 files for one package. I want, that the user mustn't think about file management. Just import a mesh, and save the package. But what to do with the Mesh-Class (For rendering, etc) which holds the Shaders, etc...? When I save both into one package, then I would have them shown up twice. - The Meshfile - The ContentObject I could simply hide the Meshfile, but I'm not very pleased with it. Another method would be to store the mesh-data directly into the ContentObject. But then, the data would be loaded 3 times! - Package cache - Mesh buffers (Vertex, index, attributes, ...) - ContentObject Both methods aren't very good. Do you have another idea? Maybe I just have to sleep some hours... :(

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!