• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
wforl

Set texture by Index

This topic is 2992 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Under Directx10, using the ID3D10Effect type, is it possible to set a texture by index, rather than using an Effect Variable handle? Im wanting to do something like the following // .fx
Texture2D gDiffuse: register(t34);
Texture2D gSpecular : register(t35);

// .cpp
myEffect->SetTextureByIndex( 34, Diffuse );
myEffect->SetTextureByIndex( 35, Specular );

I cant see anyway of doing this under the ID3D10Effect type. The only way I can see is using the ID3D10Device. But was just curious if there was a way through the ID3D10Effect type.
void ID3D10Device::PSSetShaderResources(
  UINT StartSlot,
  UINT NumViews,
  ID3D10ShaderResourceView *const *ppShaderResourceViews
);
//and
void ID3D10Device::VSSetShaderResources(
  UINT StartSlot,
  UINT NumViews,
  ID3D10ShaderResourceView *const *ppShaderResourceViews
);

Advertisement
Another thing I was wondering is how to get the register of a texture? so if I have an effect loaded, how can I search that effect for a texture by name and then retrieve its register?

The reason for this is a little projet im doing, so that rather than using handles, i simply store the register and then use PSSetShaderResources()

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!