Direct Draw Side Scrolling Demo

Started by
3 comments, last by juicemaster23 22 years, 8 months ago
Looking for some help with my game demo. It's a 2D side scroller similar to Contra done with DX8. Check out some screens or download the game on this site: http://members.home.net/juicemaster23/ Need some people who can design levels, do artwork, maybe fix some bugs, or program some new functionalities(not a word i think?).....I can explain how the whole damn thing works so dont sweat that! Contact me: juicemaster23@home.com juicyboy741@hotmail.com By the way....I can't pay anyone, sorry. Just doing this for fun, experience, and to build my portfolio.... If you can't help its no problem...Please leave some feedback if you checked out the demo or screens... Edited by - juicemaster23 on August 9, 2001 2:44:09 AM
"......"
Advertisement
Hey, that looks pretty good. Sure wish I can do that.
I take it that you have read some of LaMothe''s books based off of the art. The only thing that I didn''t like was the way the main character controls, but other than that it was good.
Thanks for the positive comments! I agree the controls do suck pretty bad....I programmed it using a MS Sidewinder which makes it play a lot like a console game...

I''m glad people are checking it out!
"......"
That explains why it didn''t control right! I was going keyboard mode. I played it some more, found some bounds box errors at "drop down" edges where you can fall in, and a weird error with the boss where if you leave that screen and go back he stays at his starting position at the top of the screen. Other than that I think it''s solid. Keep it up.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement