• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SoloDolo

Attaining human/zombie meshes?

This topic is 2988 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am creating a non-commercial game for my game development class. Our team has no experience in creating 3D models therefore we were thinking of attaining human/zombie meshes from existing video games such as Left4Dead, WoW, Garry's Mod, etc. I was wondering what would be the easiest way to attain a human/zombie mesh that I could import right away into my video game.

Advertisement
Without knowledge of what kind of 3D middleware, file types supported, targeted hardware (is this an iPhone game? Good luck using 10000 poly models if so), which game to export from, etc, you're going to struggle getting the models working.

Exporting models has a lot more to do with each game (figuring out how to export models from Left4Dead is a Left4Dead issue) and the answer to that question could be found using this secret game development tool or each games' respective forum.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!