• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Threads

Question about rigging and shaders

This topic is 3170 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi. I've read a little about vertex shaders; skinning and tweening etc, and I understand the basic concept. I'm also familiar with Blender as a modeller and I can rig things for animation. What I'm unsure of, however, is how to incorporate these things into the code for a game. I'm currently using Python and Pyglet for 3D. So what format would I use for my models that would save bones and tweens and animation data etc, and how would I load it within the code and animate it through the shaders. I suppose what I'm really looking for is a practical example of this kind of application so I can fully understand it. My main problem there is that I haven't seen many of this type of thing in a Pythony kind of context. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!