• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jsol

Error Compiling in Xcode 3.2.1 gcc 4.2

This topic is 2983 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello I'm getting an error when trying to compile the angel script source under Xcode 3.2.1 (gcc 4.2) in "as_callfunc_ppc.cpp".
#Error:
{standard input}:22:non-relocatable subtraction expression, "_ppcArgsType" minus "address"
{standard input}:22:symbol: "_ppcArgsType" can't be undefined in a subtraction expression
{standard input}:21:non-relocatable subtraction expression, "_ppcArgsType" minus "address"
{standard input}:21:symbol: "_ppcArgsType" can't be undefined in a subtraction expression

Command /Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 failed with exit code 1

What to do here...? Thanks

Advertisement
This error also happens when compiling the XCode project that is distributed with the angel script SDK. Is there a way to turn off PPC?

I'm not sure why this is happening for you. I use Xcode myself once in a while and never had any problem with this. Maybe you have a newer version. I'll check that.

You can change the project settings in Xcode to not build a universal binary, that will turn off the compilation of the PPC code (unless you're on a PPC machine). You can also define the word AS_MAX_PORTABILITY that will disable all assembler code, but then you will also lose the support for native calling conventions.

I'm using the latest XCode on snow leopard, I had a explicit ppc flag in another library that I'm building AS with; turned it off for now.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!