• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MetsMan

VC++ 2008 EE Sub-Project Not Building

This topic is 3077 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greetings! I've inherited a project setup by somebody else and I'm stuck in the build process. :( All of the sub-projects seem to build except for a dependencies related project called "sdeps", that also doesn't appear to do much. However the error message that I get doesn't make any sense to my admittedly limited Visual Studio knowledge. From what I understand that project appears to actually create "sdeps.dll" which is what it is giving me an error from not finding. Please help! Any ideas or advice would help tremendously as I don't even know what else I can try googleing for. The error message in question: 1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: sdeps, Configuration: FinalRelease Win32 ------ 1>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'sdeps', configuration 'FinalRelease|Win32' 1>Embedding manifest... 1>mt.exe : general error c10100b1: Failed to load file ".\FinalRelease\sdeps.dll". The system cannot find the file specified. 1>Build log was saved at "file://d:\sproject\sdeps\FinalRelease\BuildLog.htm" 1>sdeps - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) The command line options in the settings for the "sdeps" project are as follows: /OUT:"FinalRelease/sdeps.dll" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /DLL /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"FinalRelease\sdeps.dll.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"d:\sproject\sdeps\FinalRelease\sdeps.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /OPT:REF /OPT:ICF /DYNAMICBASE:NO /IMPLIB:"FinalRelease/sdeps.lib" /MACHINE:X86 /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib "..\saudio\finalrelease\saudio.lib" "..\sdisplay\finalrelease\sdisplay.lib" "..\sengine\finalrelease\sengine.lib" "..\sgameplay\finalrelease\sgameplay.lib" "..\snetwork\finalrelease\snetwork.lib" "..\sphysics\finalrelease\sphysics.lib" "..\splatform\finalrelease\splatform.lib" The contents of BuildLog.htm are: Command Lines Creating temporary file "d:\sproject\sdeps\FinalRelease\RSP00000A31843252.rsp" with contents [ /outputresource:".\FinalRelease\sdeps.dll;#2" /manifest ".\FinalRelease\sdeps.dll.intermediate.manifest" ] Creating command line "mt.exe @"d:\sproject\sdeps\FinalRelease\RSP00000A31843252.rsp" /nologo" Output Window Embedding manifest... mt.exe : general error c10100b1: Failed to load file ".\FinalRelease\sdeps.dll". The system cannot find the file specified. Results Build log was saved at "file://d:\sproject\sdeps\FinalRelease\BuildLog.htm" sdeps - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) I appreciate any help I can get. Not having really used visual studio before I'm at wits end! Thanks! MetsMan

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!