Cloths in Human Characters

Started by
1 comment, last by jearca 14 years ago
hi all, i have a question i want to make a armor for my character, and i want a medieval armor, but i dont konw how i can do, my first idea is make a first armor(only a body texture) and next change this for other texture(Medieval boots,armor,hands...etc) but the armor have relief and the armor has protrusions. so i think is impossible to use only textures for make a armor. here i put a example of what i want http://vaultmedia.ign.com/rpgvault/image/knightonline06072101_1153505284.jpg please help me with my problem. sorry for my bad english
Advertisement
1) Create the bodies
2) Create the armor as separate 3D models: if the different bodies are different you'll need separate models for each body type
3) have pre-defined attachment points: usually bones on the body model
4) Depending on which armor the user/body has equipped render the correct armor models in the right place (they are just a simple offset from the attachment bone

-me
thx for you reply, i think that too, maybe if i create a mesh a separate form for armor, for example armor 1 has a shape other than armor 2 and 3 but the armor armor 4 has the shape of the number 1 with a difference that can change the textura.good I think this maybe the solution, now the next problem is when the characters move, also the clothes would have to move a little.

thx for help me

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement