• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
10essee_Guy

C# & SlimDX Engine Design Questions

This topic is 3159 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So I'm pretty much stuck at the moment. I've searched here as well as Google and cannot find what I'm looking for. I'm trying to figure out general structure for a 3D game engine using C# and SlimDX, though I guess the same concepts would apply to designing an object-oriented engine with any language/graphics API. I would like to know what some common necessary classes are and such. I mean, what each class should do and all that. Should there be a "Game" class that handles game states and such, and a graphics class that handles D3D device initialization, rendering, etc., or what? If you have links then there would be no need to type a lot of information. :-P I just didn't find answers everywhere I looked. I'm sure it's different with every engine but from what I've read there are common practices and standards and the like. Thanks!

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!