• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Red Star

open source landscape generator for directx

This topic is 3167 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Did anyone see in internet sources for landscape/terrain generators? I've found one, but it uses DirectX 5 API. Thanks for any help

Advertisement
I'm developing my own terrain generator, but after having some experience in developing i have opened for myself such technologies as mip-mapping and geometry clipmaps, so right now i need more information about landscape generating, may be someone here had an exeperience in developing such projects and can provide source code?

You might be interested in this paper. I read it quite a while ago but never got the time to play with the ideas. It looked pretty useful though. The code they give is Java but I imagine it could be ported pretty easily.

Thank you for answers but i need directx code with mipmapping to get some skills with it. i've got code in opengl from vterrain.org, also i have several articles and trying to link together with my experiences, but porting from opengl or java or having fun with tera-gen(i've downloaded it already) is not helpful. There are many articles about this topic here on site but none of them has source code...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!