Loading large images on a Voodoo card

Started by
16 comments, last by Biberpelztrompete 22 years, 8 months ago
Hi,

Instead of CopyRects () you can use the D3DXLoadSurfaceFromSurface () function. I tried it a few days ago and it worked.

- LongingForDeath
visit DyingHour
Advertisement
Cool,
D3DXLoadSurfFromSurf really works. The problem is that transparency is not working. Did how you manage that problem ?
Biberpelztrompete: I got your email but I''ll respond here so if we come up with a solution all can benefit.

Ok, first I''m not sure what to tell you about the CopyRects not working... if it works on my banshee it should work on your Voodoo3. I haven''t actually tried transparency on a banshee, but it should work... make sure your texture format supports an alpha channel. I request D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8 format and validate with D3DXCheckTextureRequirements and use the format it spits out for my textures...

Oh and I''m guessing the texture format might have something to do with CopyRects failing if D3DXLoadSurfaceFromSurface works, as D3DXLoadSurfaceFromSurface does format conversion automatically.

Jack
Last anon was me...

Jack
That''s too bad. Anyway thanx for your help. LongingForDeath do you have managed that problem with missing tranparency ?
ITS WORKING NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!
YYYYYEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

it was simple : instead of creating a 256x256 I loaded the image with a 256x256 rectangle and then I replaced the surface with the correct one. KKKKEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWLLLLLL.
Thanx @ everybody who helped me
@Biberpelztrompete:
Well sorry, I wasn''t on this site the last two days. That''s the reason why I couldn''t respond to your question. But it seems that you don''t need the answer anymore.
But anyway, I used this method only to render a background image that is 1024x768 pixels in size. So I didn''t tried it with transparency yet.

Sorry for answering so late.

- LongingForDeath
visit DyingHour
No problem

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement