DAZ3D model using?

Started by
0 comments, last by PlayerX 14 years ago
Hello. I got simple question. Can I use a models of girls/mens from daz3D geometry+textures to my game? when i buy one from here: http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/free-3d-models?cat=382&_m=d Ofcourse these models need to be simplify. but I have question of license. When i buy one model from this site, do license includes using this model for my own game as walking player or only for 3D art? -- sry. for bad english.
Advertisement
From the EULA [PDF]:

GENERAL RESTRICTIONS AND TERMS OF USE. The 3-D Model(s) may be copied in
whole or in part for User's exclusive use. Unauthorized copying of the 3-D Model(s) is expressly forbidden. User expressly agrees to include DAZ3D'S (and third parties, if any) copyright notice(s) and proprietary interest(s) on all copies of the 3-D Model(s), in whole or in part, in any form, including data form, made by User in accordance with this Agreement. The 3-D Model(s) is provided for User's exclusive use. User does not have the right to pfrovide [sic] the 3-D Model(s) to others in any form or on any media. Specifically, you (the User) may copy the 3-D Model(s) onto the storage device of an unlimited number of computers; provided that all such computers are physically located at your business, or if you are a residence, your place of residence located at a single specific street address (or its equivalent).

You may (i) access, use, copy and modify the 3-D Models stored on such computers at such single location in the creation and presentation of animations and renderings which may require runtime access to the 3-D Model(s), and (ii) incorporate two dimensional images (including two dimensional images that simulate motion of three dimensional objects) derived from the 3-D Model(s) in other works and publish, market, distribute, transfer , sell or sublicense such combined works; provided that you may not in any case: (a) separately publish, market, distribute, transfer , sell or sublicense any 3-D Model(s) or any part thereof; or (b) publish, market, distribute, transfer , sell or sublicense renderings, animations, software applications, data or any other product from which any original 3-D Model(s), or any part thereof, or any substantially similar version of the original 3-D Model(s) can be separately exported, extracted, or de-compiled into any re-distributable form or format. Subject to the foregoing limitations, and the rights, if any, of third parties in or to the objects represented by the 3-D Model(s), you may copy, distribute, and/or sell your animations and renderings derived from the 3-D Model(s). All other rights with respect to the 3-D Model(s) and their use are reserved to DAZ3D (and its licensors).

I read that to mean you can make all the 2D images of the models you want, but the actual models themselves, even if modified or converted to a different format, cannot be distributed.

ie. no using them in games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement