Milkshape Animation

Started by
11 comments, last by Nairb 22 years, 8 months ago
Try mmgr

(see www.flipcode.com''s ask midnight column. It is implemented in PortaLib at http://rsn.gamedev.net - its just an #include - and there is a FAQ there on how to use it).

~~~
Cheers!
Brett Porter
PortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGL
~~~Cheers!Brett PorterPortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGLCommunity Service Announcement: Read How to ask questions the smart way before posting!
Advertisement
Hey,
I''m sure it is fully functional in PortaLib... I''ve read all your tutorials, most of which you seem to base off PortaLib ;-) But I, stubborn as I am, am forcing myself to learn it the hard way... guess work. :-) ( That''s more or less how I loaded the model, ''cause I didn''t have a reference off the file format handy... ). Animation, however, I''m nearly copying off of you... there was no way I could have guessed all the crap I had to do ;-)
Anyway... should I ever get something working, I''ll post some pretty pictures. :-D

--Nairb

I use Portalib as a reference for everything because it basically grew out of tutorials. It started out as a rewrite for NeHe''s base code. In the space of 5 days I had added the first model loader, fonts, textures, and window creation and it had outgrown that and I decided to launch it separately. Unforutunately, its been pretty slow since

Anyway, best of luck. No problem writing your own code for things - it is the best way to learn it. Use Portalib as a reference, and if you find yourself doing things not included, contribute it. Its really a toolkit, that''s all it was ever meant to be and ever will be.

Definitely try the memory manager. Paul Nettle''s articles explain it enough without needing to dig into my code

~~~
Cheers!
Brett Porter
PortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGL
~~~Cheers!Brett PorterPortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGLCommunity Service Announcement: Read How to ask questions the smart way before posting!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement