Need to find an open source game...

Started by
8 comments, last by Jardak 13 years, 12 months ago
Hi all, I have been assigned do create a demonstration with a multiplayer 3D version of the game Pacman. At the beginning I thought it was easy to find something like that, but searching on the web I didn't get many results. For all the games I found there is the problem that they are either 3D or multiplayer and the only one that satisfies both constraints is a 10 years old German game called iMaze. Unfortunately for the latter there is no windows version and even in Linux the dependencies are too old. Is there anyone who knows a similar maze game that is open source, 3D and multiplayer? Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Hello,

why does it have to be open source?

--GWDev
I need to apply some minor changes.
You may have done this already but have you checked out sourceforge.net? It is an online repository and there are thousands of open source games on there.
You could, you know... make a 3d version of pac man...
But if you're supposed to be making it, why do you need open source, apart from plaguarising?
Regards, Darkcrobat
There are some 3D - multiplayer - pacmans things on sourceforge. Just google 'pacman 3D multiplayer sourceforge'.
Thank you all for your response.

Quote:Original post by GWDev
There are some 3D - multiplayer - pacmans things on sourceforge. Just google 'pacman 3D multiplayer sourceforge'.

Quote:Original post by LionMX
You may have done this already but have you checked out sourceforge.net? It is an online repository and there are thousands of open source games on there.

I checked out sourceforge, but at the beginning I was looking for something written in an high level language (Java, C#, etc...) and I didn't find anything. Now I double checked for other languages and there are a couple of versions in C for Linux and I'm setting up a Linux machine for that.

Quote:Original post by Hodgman
You could, you know... make a 3d version of pac man...

Yeah I thought about making a multiplayer 3D Pacman from scratch,
but since it is a classic game I thought I could find many versions of it. Unfortunately, I don't have much time do develop it so I was hoping to find something already done and tested.

Quote:Original post by darkcrobat
But if you're supposed to be making it, why do you need open source, apart from plaguarising?

I'm not supposed to make it, I've been asked to modify the iMaze game that is old and the source code is written in German. I'm not going to violate any licence, if this is what you are worried about.
Why do you know beforehand that you only need to apply some minor changes, if you have not even found any project?
Quote:Original post by phresnel
Why do you know beforehand that you only need to apply some minor changes, if you have not even found any project?

I don't think I got the meaning of your message. I consider them minor changes comparing to the whole complexity of a game like that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement