Sign in to follow this  

Another look for objets DX

This topic is 2787 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm trying to change the look of the following objects http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5967/scrnsht.jpg (i don't know how to embbed it) as i haven't ANY graphics skill, I need a little help, tips and comments about how to change the object for a better appearance. This miniCAD was developed in Direct3D. The showed are Mesh.Polygon objects with Material property set to : .Specular = RoyalBlue .Ambient = Blue .Specular = RoyalBlue .Emissive = RoyalBlue When the graphics card it's enabled for lights, the render looks pretty cool, but when not, it looks like the posted object above. I changed the edge color to Black, else objects look pretty bad Also, as you can see, antialiasing looks very awful How Can I improve the appearance ? ANY comment is welcome!

Enable lighting, or map it with a texture that has lighting "baked" into the texture map. Human vision relies on shading of surfaces coupled with stereo-scopic vision to relay information about an object's shape to the brain; in the absence of stereo images, shading is the sole source of information, and without shading, all you have are colored regions on the screen.

thanks for your comment !! I really appreciate it!
I've already light enabled, that screenshot is from when the graphics card doesn't support lights. It seems like a good way to jump over that problem.
Thanks again !

This topic is 2787 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.